Monday 1 September 2014

Festival Playlist



    

 Here is some fairly new music by bands/artists I have found myself listening to over the summer whilst on the road with LG.

1. Spoon: Inside Out - I heard this on hype machine a few weeks ago, and I keep coming back to it when we are travelling. I didn't have the same connection with the rest of the album, but this song just doesn't get old to me.

2. Unknown Mortal Orchestra: So Good at Being In Trouble - Mark Foster (foster the people) told me about this band, and recommended their 2nd album 'II'. This is one of the best songs on the album.

3. Tom Misch: The Journey - I found Tom's music a while ago when i downloaded his free EP, and have listened to his music throughout this summer. He plays/programs everything on this track with no samples used.

4. Hozier: Take Me To Church

5. Foxygen: How Can You Really

6. Soak: Sea Creatures

7. Rhodes: Breathe - David has supported us a few times now on our UK tours, and I've been a fan of his music for a while now. This is his new single.

8. Claptone: Cream - this track was released in 2012, but I only discovered it recently.

9. Jaymes Young: Dark Star - Jaymes supported us on our very first tour of the USA, and then our first UK tour that followed. I think he's currently locked away writing a new album, and he plays his first headline show in LA very soon. He has so many killer songs, this being one of them.

10. Knytro: My Motive (Movement)

11. Perfume Genius: Queen

12. Girls in Hawaii: Misses - I watched this band at a festival in France early on this summer. I had no knowledge of them before, but they have made 3 albums with some success in Belgium. I don't think the music translates as well on record, but their live show was awesome.

13. WarPaint: Love is to Die - We recently played a radio conference in Boulder, Colorado where we played on an incredible bill with Paulo Nutini and Ray Lamontagne in a tiny 400 capacity theatre. Just before our show was due to begin Dot and I were hanging out around the back of the venue when we heard this Warpaint song being played out on a fairly loud system nearby. We walked towards the music, and saw the band playing on a makeshift stage in a car-park to no more than 50 people.

14. Joey Bada$$: Big Dusty

15. London Grammar: If You Wait (SHY FX remix)

16. Lapsley: Station - I saw Lapsley perform a great set on the BBC introducing stage at Glastonbury.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan
    Thanks for the blog and taking the time to do it.
    Really liked Breathe. Will Rhodes still be playing with you in Plymouth next week? Hope so...
    cheers
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Martin, thanks! Rhodes will indeed be with us in Plymouth.

      Delete